Tuesday, June 24, 2008

You, me, and baby makes three

So we're finally home. Fionn ventured out into his* big bad world just after midday today, and after an uneventful first car ride, he began to explore what will in all likelihood be his home for the next two years.

Just after he was born, I said to S that we were now immortal - I guess I meant that I could see our future line stretching out in front of us, and his arrival was the first step along that journey. Today, while reading an Anne Geddes book, I saw this quote from Alfred North Whitehead:

"Children are our immortality; in them we see the story of our life rewritten in a fairer hand."

I think mine was nicer, funny coincidence all the same.

Stay tuned, more videos, photos and poems to come.

* Yes, it is his world, we've just been minding it for him.

No comments: