Monday, June 16, 2008

oh citroën

just a quickfire post tonight, no time for frills. S has been re-admitted to Holles St since Sunday afternoon, and she'll be there until baby has arrived. she's been moved to a semi-private room, so hopefully she'll have a chance to get a couple of good night's sleep. plan is for a possible induction on wednesday, so stay tuned. it's been a bit of a battle to try and strike a balance between the medical-intervention wielding doctors and what we had hoped would be a natural childbirth experience: although we've had some support from the community midwives team, I think it could have been nigh on impossible without the hypnobirthing training, and the subsequent reading S has done. go knowledge! S has been wonderful: she has maintained her dignity, strength, and beauty as the cracks have appeared in our hoped-for birth plan. she is an amazing person, and I love her very deeply for what she is going through for both of us. transmitting maximum love over the web, comin atcha....

our baby will, in all likelihood, be home this week. wow.

alas (and it's only a very very very small alas), I don't think I'll make it to my nude moment of fame this Saturday. spence, you'll have to make do without The Dave I'm afraid.

I did manage to get my ESA application off. rockin...

just a small note RE the post title: the headlamps failed on the car again this evening, forcing me to trek home (well laden, tired, and emotional) via public transport. André-Gustave Citroën, in my dreams, you're dying all tonight...

No comments: