Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Barber's Dry Hands?

I miss my old barber. The new barber has certain advantages (the barbershop is across the road; he's cheaper; and he's quick - he certainly doesn't let trivial things like ears get in the way of a good fast hair cut...)

But I still miss my old barber. He was cool. His barbershop was cool - I looked forward to going there, even if it meant having to wait up to an hour before getting in the chair. And what chairs....

My new barber listens to 2FM: my old barber had a CD jukebox in the corner, and thought nothing of stopping in the middle of a grooming to go and change the CD, sticking on new and groovy tunes. My old barber recorded an album with his band in the basement of the barbershop. 'Nuff said.

I'll spoil myself one of these days and head into town, revisit the scene of happier haircuts, get a full wash and cut, relax and not worry about losing an ear...

No comments: